Speed dating, sharks and Heat Smart!
- December 9, 2015
- Heat Smart
We’ve always thought Heat Smart kits were a winning idea, and this fall the SEEA/AESP Conference judges agreed!
Conference organizers set up a two-round contest for vendors to pitch their energy efficiency ideas to utilities, and Heat Smart was all in. The first round, “Utility Speed Dating,” gave 13 participants three minutes to sell a panel of six utility company judges on their idea. Judging criteria included:
- Clarity (it doesn’t get any easier than using a wool blanket to keep warm)
- Connection with utility goals (we tick all the boxes: reduces energy use, passes muster with regulators, generates more savings than it costs, simplicity, positive PR)
- Connection with customers (empowering, easily adopted, warm and personal)
Heat Smart was one of three speed daters chosen to advance to the next “Shark Tank” round! We were excited, but nervous too. We had just 12 minutes to present our idea to the entire conference! But we took a deep breath and told our story. Guess what? The panel of Shark Tank judges, who represented a cross-section of utilities from across the Southeast, chose Heat Smart as the unanimous winner based on:
- Great product
- Clear benefit for customer
- Helps utilities meet their goals
If you’d like to see the entire presentation, click here.
We were so elated, we left the conference walking on air. But like a shark, we never stop moving. We’ll continue to build partnerships with utilities, non-profits, community action programs and government agencies to help keep families warm while meeting your program goals too.
Call or email us to see how we can help you help families in your area.